Sunday, June 7, 2009

Out of the Hospital - Finally!!!

David has finally left Detroit Receiving Hospital and is continuing his recovery and physical therapy at the Martha T. Berry Medical Center in Mt. Clemens, MI. Dave is continuing to work at improving his speech and is eating real food throughout the day - great progress from last week. I talked to my Dad on the phone tonight which broke my heart just a little bit because I wasn't there. But he very clearly said, "Hi Keri." I asked how he was doing and he told me, "about the same." We didn't stay on the phone for long but Katie told me he had a huge smile on his face while we talked. Hopefully I can come visit in another couple of weeks.

Please visit Dave anytime between the hours of 11am and 8pm. Because of room availability he is currently in a restricted access area but we hope he gets moved soon. He is on the 3rd floor in room 3267. The hospital staff can help direct you. See attached link to MTB's website and note that you can only enter off of Elizabeth, not Grosbeck. He would love visitors from friends and family - he really lights up when old friends come in.

http://www.macombcountymi.gov/marthatberry/map.htm

The usual suspects visited throughout the day today: Dave's son Scott, daughter Lori, and wife Katie.

1 comment: