Thursday, September 10, 2009

He never ceases to amaze me!

I talked to Katie today and she said my dad is now able to get in and out of his wheel chair all by himself - it's been just over a month since my last visit and he wasn't even close to being able to do this at the end of July. Wow. She also said he looks forward to going for walks every day now - sometimes on his own, sometimes with the walker, and sometimes he likes to take an easy ride in the chair.

I'm just awed by the progress he has made - man, those doctors really never know do they? If you only knew the prognosis they gave us after the stroke - it was grim. My dad has always been a very determined person and a hard worker and I guess those are good traits for recovery.

I will be visiting again soon - October 2nd and 3rd. Can't wait. It's hard to be away. Dad's getting new visitors as well as old - I heard Jimmy Alberts was there, haven't seen him in years!

No comments:

Post a Comment